One Hundred Things About Me
I saw this on someone else's website and I thought it was kind of fun, so
- My name is Tory, not Victoria or anything else. It is just Tory.
- My middle name is Lynn, but I use Olsen, my maiden name, most of
the time. I do this because my real dad left when I was 4 and I was adopted
by Gary (Dad). Out of respect for him, I kept my last name. When I told him,
he said it was stupid. Doesn't matter. I know I did it for him. He doesn't
have to understand.
- I don't have kids because I can't have kids.
- I'm okay with not having kids. I like our quiet but fun life.
- If, however, I found out I were pregnant tomorrow I would be thrilled
and I think Roy and I would be awesome parents.
- I'd rather do something than buy something.
- Unless it is a computer. I'd rather buy stuff to make a new computer
stuff than just about anything else.
- I love Disneyland. I would live there if I could.
- I met my husband in 5th grade, although I'm not sure that I talked
to him that year.
- I first got a crush on my husband in the 8th grade.
- I had discussed Roy's boyfriend potential with a friend a week before
we started dating and she said, "He'd make a good boyfriend for you!"
- I was Roy's only girlfriend.
- He was not my only boyfriend. He was my best one, though.
- I was 20 when I got married.
- What was I thinking?
- Roy was 19 when we got married.
- What we he thinking?
- I wouldn't do anything differently.
- I have huge mood swings.
- Roy rarely, if ever, gets angry.
- Not even when I'm going off the deep end.
- I often feel like I don't deserve Roy.
- I love how he spoils me.
- I truly try not to take him for granted, but sometimes I feel like
- I actually do love teaching.
- I am sad for people who put money over job satisfaction. You couldn't
pay me enough money to leave teaching for something I don't want to do.
- Roy and I work very well together because he is not threatened by
my drive. I miss working with him.
- I have HUGE personal drive to achieve.
- I feel like I need to be the best at almost everything I do.
- I sometimes work so hard I make myself insane.
- I'm sure I make Roy insane too.
- Roy and I balance each other very well.
- I am impetuous.
- He is careful.
- Without him I'd probably have gone crazy by now.
- Without me he'd probably be in a rut.
- We are made for each other and I thank God for that every day.
- I cry when I get mad.
- I hate that I cry when I get mad.
- Having a Whipple Procedure was the worst thing that has ever happened
- Having a Whipple Procedure was the best thing that ever happened
- I have a new lust for life, even bigger than before, since Whipplefest
- I am a Christian.
- But I'm not a perfect Christian.
- I swear too much. I want to break that habit.
- I love quirky movies like "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"
and "Office Space".
- Stephen King is my favorite author.
- So is John Steinbeck.
- I secretly want to write a book someday.
- A number of people have encouraged me to do this.
- I guess it isn't a secret any more.
- I love who I am now; the active woman who goes crazy with the training
and the running and the triathlons.
- I can be very judgmental as a teacher.
- I believe that is because I am very driven.
- I also believe that teaching is a job that you have to take extremely
seriously and if you're not dedicated 100%, you should leave.
- Lazy teachers should be fired.
- If you don't like your students, you should leave.
- I enjoy being with my kids more than I enjoy being with my colleagues,
most of the time.
- I believe my ego is too big.
- I was fired from McDonalds when I was 19. How humiliating!
- I am a Democrat.
- I am, however, somewhat conservative.
- I believe in hard work and dedication and that this will eventually
- Roy cooks most of the time.
- I love to cook, but it's easier to let him do it because I make
- I love to run. I'm not kidding. I really love to run.
- I never formally exercised until I was 37 years old.
- I have very little patience at times.
- With my students, I have a lot of patience most of the time.
- I am surprised by that.
- I do not drink. I don't like it.
- I smoked marijuana one time in college. It wasn't all that it was
cracked up to be.
- I have no desire to drink or do drugs.
- I think people who do drink to excess or do drugs are losers.
- I don't smoke and never have.
- I think people who smoke anywhere within the vicinity of a non smoker
are inconsiderate and rude.
- I bought my first house when I was 40 and love it!
- I have run nine marathons.
- I love my life.
- I love going to see plays with Roy.
- I also love that he loves going to plays.
- He treats me like a princess. I love that.
- I get only about 6 hours of sleep a night.
- Since I started exercising, that's all I need.
- When I am in a really bad mood, going running will get me out of
it every time.
- I had lasik surgery and I love it! It was expensive, but completely
- I am very proud of my weight loss, mostly because I feel like I
am taking control of my health.
- I can be kind of mean to people I don't like.
- I talk behind people's backs if I don't respect them.
- I am not proud of either 88 or 89.
- I can't leave the house without makeup or being dressed neatly.
Personal appearance is very important to me.
- This stems from when I was fat because I believe most people think
fat women are lazy slobs and I never wanted to look that way.
- I have been featured in three magazines; The National Enquirer,
Family Circle, and Woman's Own (a UK magazine).
- I am a complete computer geek.
- I have taken, and passed, 7 professional certification tests related
- I plan on taking more, but have been lax on that lately.
- I cried during the Olympics when people won.
- I secretly wish I had found my inner athlete earlier and actually
did something with that.
- Even so, I am proud of every race, triathlon, and new goal I meet.
- I love life.